Before you start installing a wind turbine, either by yourself or using our company`s experienced installers, answer the following questions:
- What kind of wind turbine power do you need?
The answer is simple - check any electricity bill from your supplier and make a note of your annual electricity consumption (it`s always written there). If you don`t already have any other source of renewable energy, such as a photovoltaic system, choose the power of such a turbine that will balance your annual demand.
- What wind conditions do you have and where is the best wind at your property? Meaning, where to install the windmill (on the ground, on the building or on the side of the building)?
We recommend simple wind measurements using a FALCON weather station (FSP). Wind testing can be done by installing the weather station at various locations on the property. For this purpose, FALCON`s installer can make an on-site wind analysis and pre-determine the details of installing a complete wind turbine and estimate the cost of installation.
„Find the wind that gives you wings”.
- Do you want to connect your turbine on-grid (to the grid) or just for your own use (Off-grid)?
FALCON turbines have very efficient generators that produce 240V - 380V. This allows you to input the electricity produced into the home grid. The surplus can be sold by feeding it into the external power grid.
With the use of suitable inverters, it is also possible to store the produced energy in the form of a so-called energy bank. The most economical energy bank is in the form of hot water storage. We heat the water in the boiler with a heater powered by a wind turbine and later use it as domestic water or hot water for a washing machine or dishwasher. For this purpose, an additional option "Water heating" is available - ask your advisor for details.
- Wind turbine installation - by yourself or with a professional?
The assembly of a wind power plant consists of three stages :
a. The foundation of the turbine mast. We have 3 options : mounting the mast on the ground, on a flat roof or to the side of a building. Detailed rules of mast installation are included in the installation manual, which is provided after signing the contract. This stage is possible to perform on your own and we will be happy to provide any advice and instructions.
b. Laying the electrical system and lightning protection system for the turbine. A professionally prepared electrical and lightning protection installation ensures safe and efficient use of the wind turbine for many years. Due to the need for an authorized electrician to certify the installation of this system with the energy supplier, we suggest that this step should be performed by your electrician or by our experienced FALCON turbine installers.
c. FALCON turbine hanging and startup. This seemingly simple stage requires special attention and care, especially to ensure that the turbine is firmly attached to the mast and perfectly leveled.
First of all, it should be noted that home wind turbines are classified as micro-installations (power up to 40kW) and are not subject to the so-called "distance" law, which applies mainly to wind farms . All official procedures related to the installation and commissioning of a FALCON wind turbine at a building are very simple.
- FALCON home wind turbines are a type of micro-installation for which you do not need a building permit - provided that it is attached to the supporting structure of the building and its height does not exceed 3m above the building (then it has a maximum power of 2Kw).
- You need to apply for a permit if the turbine is mounted on a mast. The distance of the installation mounted in this way from the border of the land can not be less than the height of the mast with the turbine. At the same time, its total height must not exceed 12 m. and the power must not exceed 50kW. These are 100% sufficient parameters for efficient and effective operation of any home turbine and the only requirements for obtaining a permit.
- 3. Home-based turbines - including FALCON turbines - are most often installed and designed for an on-grid operation, i.e. with connection to the power grid of the selected operator. Connection of this type of micro-installation can take place in two official modes:
a. Application - when the investor will produce electricity for his own needs and the power of the turbine will not exceed the connection power in the already signed contract
b. Connection agreement - when the power of the installed turbine will be greater than the existing connection power or will be a new power point.
ENEA wniosek zgłoszenie o przył mikr
TAURON zglszenie mikroin
PGE wniosek zgloszenie mikroinstalacji magazynu
ENERGA wniosek zgłoszenie mikroinst